Family laws are designed to help people amicably resolve the end of their marriage or relationship. Today, the reality is far from that as family breakdowns are, more often than not, adversarial. Family law proceedings can be highly emotional and stressful. Unless your case warrants extreme urgency, such as blocking the removal of a child from the country or keeping children safe, proceedings before the Family Court or Federal Circuit Court take on average two years to finalise. However, many cases are known to last between three and five years and on rare occasions, almost a decade.
Nobody should have to suffer the indignity of a life on hold. We believe justice delayed is justice denied. Ferrer Lawyers will provide you with honest advice letting you know when to fight and when to settle. We will never sell you out.
Most of our clients require representation for urgent applications for child recovery; restraining a parent from removing a child from Australia; placing the child on the Family Law Watch List monitored by the Australian Federal Police; and locating hidden assets by going above and beyond traditional asset recovery methods to achieve tangible results for our clients.
Our expertise includes:
- Financial agreements (pre-nuptial and post-nuptial)
- Divorce and annulment
- Cohabitation and de-facto relationships
- Parenting and children
- Emergency child recovery orders
- Family Law Watch List
- Custody and access
- Grandparents’ rights
- Property and finance
- National, cross border and global asset recovery
- Forensic financial investigations
- Trusts and trust property
- Maintenance and child support
- Family dispute resolution and mediation
- Family Court hearings and appeals
- International child abductions
- Hague Convention applications
- Enforcing family law judgments and settlements
We achieve great success for our clients. We always encourage mediation prior to a court hearing. Mediation will save you excessive legal costs and emotional distress so you get back to living your life. Contact us or send your enquiry for our initial review.