With a dedicated team of lawyers and professionals, Ferrer Lawyers is equipped to serve the needs of subcontractors, builders and construction professionals, project owners, investors and other industry stakeholders. Our Construction Team offer services in residential and commercial projects advising on every aspect of the construction process from design and inception through to building and completion, and operation and maintenance. Ferrer Lawyers understands construction projects: how they are managed; where problems occur; and the underlying commercial imperatives. We use this insight to add value to transactions and resolve issues for our clients.
Our expertise includes:
- Procurement and Tendering
- Contract Drafting, Review, Negotiation and Risk Analysis
- Rail, Rolling Stock and Agreements: Equipment, Hook & Pull, Maintenance & Track Access
- Residential and Commercial Projects
- Home Building Act Claims
- Home Building Compensation Scheme formerly Home Warranty Insurance Claims
- Security, Bonds and Guarantees
- Contract Claims: Payment, Variations, EOT, LD’s and Termination
- Security of Payment Act
- Claims outside a Contract: Negligence, Quantum Meruit, Statutory Duty, Good Faith, Estoppel & Waiver
- Delay, Disruption and Prolongation
- Defects & Defects Liability
- Insurance Claims
- Bankruptcy and Liquidation
- Work, Health & Safety Obligations
- Safe Work, EPA & CFMEU matters
Ferrer Lawyers take a hands-on approach for the duration of a project, keeping in close communication with clients and supplying ongoing support. When issues arise, we offer commercial, practical advice and troubleshooting options. This helps to ensure that schedules are maintained and budgets controlled at every stage of the process.
Risk minimisation lies at the heart of our actions. We ensure that documents are prepared, the right people are appointed, financial packages are well structured and every aspect of the deal is commercially robust. Ferrer Lawyers are also experienced in structuring collaborative contracts to increase efficiency and reduce the prospect of disputes. For construction contracts, which are particularly vulnerable to legal disputes, we define responsibilities clearly and allocate risks.
We provide strategic guidance to forestall potential problems throughout a project. With lawyers who are experts in their field, we deliver prompt, reliable and pragmatic legal and commercial advice. In everything we do, our overarching aim is to achieve harmonious projects that complete on time and budget being the best outcome for all parties.
Ferrer Lawyers offers the following additional support services for our clients:
- Education and Training
- Dispute Avoidance
- Contract Templates and Documents
- Contract Administration
- Project Management and Support
- Delay Analysis
- Expert Reports
- On Site Visits