Our in-depth experience is second to none. This is a small selection of projects we have worked on over the years.
- Advising a Sydney builder/developer on the procurement method, tender packages and drafting tailored contracts for the design and build of luxury homes and apartments in Rose Bay, Gordon, Glebe, Bellevue Hill, Vaucluse, Mosman and Balmoral.
- Advising a Sydney builder in relation to a subcontractor’s claim for variations and extension of time.
- Advising Sydney subcontractors (demolition, civil, electrical, hydraulic, formwork, concrete and steel fixers, tilers, joiners, HVAC) on tender submissions; negotiating subcontracts and supply agreements.
- Advising Tria Group, a Spanish infrastructure company set up a subsidiary, Tria Australia to provide rail infrastructure services and qualify as an authorised engineering office with NSW Transport.
- Advising a Sydney environmental firm on remediation works at a hazardous site in which a waste management facility was under investigation by the EPA.
- Advising a Sydney civil works subcontractor on time bars, extensions of time, variations and liquidated damages.
- Advising Msheireb Properties on Downtown Doha in relation to building and consultancy contracts with: Hyundai, Carillion, TiME Qatar, Arabtec, Arup, Six Construct, Multiplex, Samsung, Swissboring, Bauer, Drake & Scull, ENVAC, Qatar Rail, Kahramaa, Ashghal, CAT, Redco International, Burns & McDonnell, HOK, RLB, Gensler, Museum of London.
- Advising Qatar Rail on the development of Msheireb underground metro station, draft and negotiate MOU, procurement of advisory and excavation construction entities, development of risk matrix, advising on development, procurement, ownership rights, maintenance and cost issues.
- Advising the Steering Committee of the New Doha International Airport (NDIA) on Qatar Rail’s MOU for building 2 stations and tunnels at Terminals 1 and 2 on the Red Line South into the NDIA.
- Advising a contractor in a tender and subcontract with Brookfield Multiplex Constructions LLC for construction of the Central Library for Qatar Foundation.
- Advising a contractor in a tender and subcontract with Six Construct–Midmac JV for the Passenger Terminal Complex: North Node at the NDIA.
- Advising a main contractor and its subsidiary engineering firm in a tender and subcontract for the development of roads in Bani Hajer Zone 51 for Ashghal (Public Works Authority) and the supply and installation of electrical and street lighting works, respectively.
- Advising an engineering company as main contractor for the design, supply, installation and commissioning and load test of double girder EOT Crane with the Qatar Steel Company.
- Advising a main contractor on a maintenance contract for the Ministry of Defence for 20 cranes located at the Qatari Emiri Navy.
- Advising a subcontractor on procurement contracts from Huawei Tech Investment Co Ltd.
- Advising Msheireb Properties in relation to the supply of non-potable water from the Public Works Authority including installation of plant and equipment.
- Advising the NDIA on complex bulk supply agreement for power and water at the airport by Kahramaa, Qatar’s national electricity company.
- Advising a main contractor on a turnkey contract for the design, engineering, supply, installation, testing and commission of a calcium carbonate plant at Umm Bab, Qatar.
- Advising a Qatari listed company in connection with a proposed investment in a South Korean energy company providing financial, commercial and legal due diligence.
- Advising a main contractor on electrical works, pumping and substations on peripheral roads to Barwa involving back to back contract with Ashghal.
- Advising a main contractor on supply, testing and commissioning of electrical equipment, transformers, compressors, generators to RasGas, Maersk Oil Qatar, Gettco, Hastie International, Shannon, HBK Engineering, Nurol, Blue Salon, Alu Tec, Marina Trading, Al Asalah, Al Wefaq, Torishma, Gulf House of Trade, Future Engineering and Sinohydro.
- Advising Msheireb Properties on complex interiors, leasing, facilities and management agreements.
- Advising Premier Inn Hotels on the provision of professional services by architects and engineers regarding the design and construction of a Premier Inn Hotel at Education City in Doha.
- Advising Urbacon Trading & Contracting in relation to master agreements and templates for leasing, operation and maintenance of Qatar’s largest shopping and retail facility, Mall of Qatar with a luxury first class signature hotel and cinemas. Master agreements and templates include LOI, MOU, leases for retail fashion, restaurants, F&B outlets, fitness centre, multiplex cinema, and facilities management agreement.
- Advising Msheireb Properties on a golf course design agreement with Jose Maria Olazabal and the PGA as a sub-consultant.
- Advising Msheireb Properties on a consultancy agreement with Professor Ara Warkes Darzi, Lord Darzi of Denham as international health adviser to create and provide a world class health care system to support and foster the Downtown Doha project.
- Advising a real estate development company in offshore technical service, marketing agreement; and trademark licence agreement with an international 5-star hotel chain.
- Advising a real estate development company in relation to the management of the Jumana Tower at the Pearl, consisting of 250 luxury serviced apartments, by Oakwood Middle East Pty Ltd.
- Advising a Sydney retail outlet on a lease/option within Westfield shopping centre.
- Advising Harvey Nichols (UK) on a lease agreement at the Doha Festival City.
- Advising the NDIA and Qatar Civil Aviation Authority on a master land lease agreement for tenants/freight forwarding/logistics companies to occupy the Airport City Logistics Zone.
- Advising a subcontractor on numerous high end commercial fit outs including Ferrari Mesarati Showroom in Abu Dhabi, DeBeers Dubai Mall, Vilaggio Mall Doha, Dubai Mall, Burj Khalifa Dubai, The Gate Doha, Commercial Bank of Dubai.
- Advising a subcontractor on a number of MEP fit outs for Rocco Barrocco, Canali, QP Control and Command Centre at Ras Laffan’s Port Expansion Project, The Gate, MBCo.
- Advising Battelle Memorial Institute establish a corporate presence in Qatar and provide technical services to Qatar Foundation in the establishment, operation, maintenance and continued assistance of Qatar’s first national laboratory.
- Advising a main contractor in the design and fit out of premises in the Qatar Navigation Tower.
- Advising on the sale of a regional media business with offices in Qatar, UAE, Oman, KSA to an investment group.
- Acting and advising Sydney builders and subcontractors in numerous successful adjudication claims pursuant to the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act (NSW) 1999.
- Acting and advising Sydney developers and builders in successfully defending adjudication claims pursuant to the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act (NSW) 1999.
- Acting and advising a Sydney developer in successfully setting aside an adjudicators determination in the NSW Supreme Court.
- Acting and advising Msheireb Properties in relation to claims and disputes brought by Hyundai, Carillion, TiME Qatar, Swissboring, Bauer, Drake & Scull, ENVAC, CAT, Redco International, Burns & McDonnell, HOK, RLB, Gensler.
- Acting and advising the NDIA in mediation and ICC arbitration proceedings brought by a German contractor for terminating its contract to procure, fabricate, install, and maintenance of the fit out of 17 lounges at the terminal of the New Doha International Airport.
- Acting and advising the NDIA in relation to the issue of termination notices to a number of its subcontractors for substantial breach, failure to mobilise and execute works, extended delays and subsequent damages.
- Acting and advising a contractor in relation to a dispute against Bechtel for the design, manufacture, supply, delivery, installation, hand over and warranty of structural steel and metal works at the NDIA.
- Acting and advising on behalf of Allianz Australia Insurance in all matters concerning interpretation of insurance policies, workers’ compensation and common law claims for BHP, Caltex, Coles Group, Fosters, James Hardie Industries, CSR, Lendlease, Arnott’s, Penfold’s and Multiplex.
- Acting and advising a Sydney consultancy firm in local court proceedings relating to a breach of contract and cross claim by a Tier 3 civil company.
- Acting for a Qatar retail giant against Al Mana Group for breach of Concession Agreements before Qatar courts.
- Acting for a Qatar retail giant against Dressing S.p.A and the Remza Group for breach of distribution agreements with Roberto Cavalli with proceedings filed in Milan District Court.
- Acting and advising a subcontractor in ICC arbitration against a main contractor for breach of payment and retention obligations. Cross claim for alleged defects and LD’s.
- Acting for a subcontractor in relation to a dispute against OHL–Contrack (Cyprus) Ltd as main contractor for repudiation on the Qatar Foundation, Sidra Hospital Project.
- Acting for a main contractor against QNCC in relation to a force majeure claim and other claims against various subcontractors for delay and breach of obligations under back to back provisions.
- Acting and advising an energy company in relation to a dispute with Qatar Petroleum at various gas distribution stations with claims for delay and LD’s.
- Acting and advising an energy company in relation to a dispute with Honeywell Middle East for delays and LD’s.
- Acting and advising 38 companies within Qatari conglomerate listed on the Qatar Exchange, appearing and providing advice across the GCC region for all its interests.
- Providing project management and site consultancy for contractors on projects undertaken by Infinity, Aqualand, Ralan Group, Momentum Projects, Lipman, Kane, Quasar, Richard Crookes and Lendlease involving demolition, civil and remediation works, interior fit outs and refurbishments, commercial developments, retail towers, luxury homes and apartments.
- Advising a Sydney developer on evaluating tenders, estimating, negotiating contracts with potential builders and consultants, programs, claims, scope of works and contract breaches and dealing with various governmental stakeholders.
- Advising a Sydney builder on drafting contract templates and consultancy agreements.
- Advising Sydney subcontractors on delivering quality assurance, effective project management, compliance with OHS laws and regulations, risk assessments and elimination of risk, SWMS and insurance.
- Acting and advising a Qatari-listed conglomerate to create RESOLVE, an internal dispute resolution system which continues to be utilised today, resolving disputes between its 38 subsidiary companies.